Thursday, July 11, 2019
Help Support Us on Patreon
We are Yesterday Today and We Love History! We love history so much we began making videos over two years ago and since then our following has grown. We know you love history too as you have continued to tell us over that time. Since then we have created a webpage https://www.yesterdaytoday.net that has content different from our Youtube Channel https://bit.ly/2wu2jCk . As well, our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/YesterdayToday5/ contains even more unique content posted several times throughout the day - everyday.
Did I mention that "We Love History!!". But creating this amount of content is expensive. Wages for our researcher and office space are our largest expenses thus far. We need more researchers, a more user friendly website, and a larger space to create in. We know two things now:
1) We want Yesterday Today to go on for a long time. The beta test is over. It works. We have viewers & readers. We're obsessed with with making videos and creating interesting historical content. This should continue for a long time, in some form or another.
2) We need to make Yesterday Today self-sustaining for this to work. The "fund Yesterday Today with savings" plan was fine for Phase 1, but it's not sustainable. Our savings are unimpressive. If Yesterday Today is going to go on for a long time, it has to be able to support itself.
Thinking about the long-term self-sustaining plan, we decided we don't want to use ads. Ads are annoying and hurt the user experience, and we can come up with a better way to do it. So far our chosen method is donations. And we've decided that Patreon is the best choice to achieve our goals.
The way Patreon works is a reader can donate whatever they want per month and the donation is recurring each month after that. So anything, from $1/month up, is hugely helpful to the cause.
What We'll Use the Money For
Our initial goal is $12,000/month. That money will be enough to keep Yesterday Today going, indefinitely. Here are Yesterday Today's costs:
1) Researcher Wages
2) Office Space
3) Webpage design and webpage hosting plan for a new website.
4) Ongoing web development. It's a website, so there are always upsetting glitches coming out of nowhere and occasionally, we add a new site feature. None of us has any programming skills, so we need to pay someone for this.
5) Facebook post "boosts". When we announce a new video on Facebook or a new article on our webpage, this makes sure that the announcement gets onto 1/3 or 1/2 of our Facebook followers' News Feeds.
Thank you for any support you can offer if you decide to, and thank you for being a viewer and reader!